9 Days Jiangnan Tour
Up above there is heaven, down below there are Suzhou and Hangzhou. Highlights: We will visit the villages which tourists can not arrive We will stay two nights on...
Code of Tour: SLRC-003
Length of Travel: 9 Day
Destinations of Tour: Hangzhou-Huangshan-Wuyuan-Wuzhen
Departure City: Hangzhou
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Photo Nature Culture
Up above there is heaven, down below there are Suzhou and Hangzhou.
We will visit the villages which tourists can not arrive
We will stay two nights on the top of Huangshan Mountains to see the Huangshan Mountains perfectly
We will meet local people, visit local family, try to taste local food….
We will special offer something for you……..
- Hangzhou: Up above there is heaven, down below there are Suzhou and Hangzhou.
- Tunxi Town: the best-preserved architecture of Song Ming and Qing Dynasties in China.
- Hongcun: the village in the Chinese Painting,
- Huangshan Mountains: Known as the No. 1 Mountain under heaven, the best beautiful mountains in China.
- Chengkan village: known as the No 1 village in Jiangnan, a perfect and typical combination of beautiful natural scenery and Huizhou culture art.
- Wuzhen Town: “Venice of the East”, the hometown of fish and rice in Jiangnan.
- Tachuan Village: The most beautiful Autumn in China.
- Day 1 17/05 Kuala Lumpur/ Hangzhou/Tunxi On: Tunxi
You will be met by your tour guide and driver at the Hangzhou airport. Drive to Tunxi which is the downtown of Huangshan City (3.5 hours). Check into your hotel.
- Day 2 18/05 Yangchan Village/Chengkan Village/Tunxi Old Street On:Tunxi
After breakfast, drive to the China’s Historical Town- Shexian County. Visit Yangchan Village,, Yangchan village is built on the mountainside and is famous for its earthen building. Nowadays, Yangchan has 372 earthen buildings and boasts well-preserved Huizhou-style earthen buildings with over 300 years’ history in East China. Yangchan is surrounded by mountains with high terrain and inconvenient traffic. In the past hundreds of years, the villagers use the local materials and collect the bluestone nearby to build the road and the bridge. They also use wood growing in red earth to build their house. Therefore, earthen buildings are developed in rows upon rows and they are well-proportioned, simple and spectacular.
After lunch, you will visit the Chinese Fengshui village-Chengkan village which is one of the villages in China that features well-preserved residential Hui style houses and was built centuries ago during the East Han Dynasty. The village has the reputation of being the best one in Jiangnan area. When compared to ancient places of, Chengkan is underdeveloped and not as popular. Because of this, tourism isn’t flourishing as expected. This is actually a good thing for travelers not wanting big and loud crowds.
Chengkan, which is a 1,800-year old village, has succeeded in keeping its original layout. It features 700 households, green hills, and clear streams. The whole layout and location are based on the theory of the “Eight Diagrams” which is one of the oldest Chinese classic texts. The Longxi River appears like a belt going across the whole village. On the other hand, the eight mountains that surround the village looks like eight directions of the Eight Diagrams. This exquisite layout never fails to amaze travelers.
After that, drive back to the Tunxi, which is the downtown of Huangshan City. After a short break in the hotel, you will drive to visit the Tunxi Old Street which is A strip of traditional Huizhou-style shops and residences. This street dates back to the Song Dynasty. Along the way you’ll be able to learn more about the city, but you’ll also be able to pick up some souvenirs for friends and family at home.
- Day 3 19/05 Tunxi/Mukeng Bamboo Forest/Hongcun Village On:Yixian County
After breakfast, drive to Yixian County. Today you will visit Mukeng Bamboo Forest and Hongcun Village. They are the charming traditional Huizhou villages and best known as the film site of the Oscar-winning film “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”. Hongcun Village is located in the Yixian County of Anhui Province. It is one of the representative ancient villages in the southern region of Anhui Province. First, it was built in 1131 A.D., the village now has a history of almost 1,000 years. The ancient Hongcun villagers adopted “bionics” to the design of buildings and constructed a cattle-shaped village and man-made water system that has been called, “a uniqueness of China”. The bird’s eye view of the village resembles a large buffalo perking its head and lifting its legs. This can be said as one of the wonders in the history of construction. Today, the water system, streets, folk houses and even interior arrangements of the village are completely preserved in their primitive condition from the past. You’ll be able to bike or walk around the village with your guide and also visit a local family where you’ll have the chance to gain a better understanding of the life and traditions of the local people. Watch the sunset at the South Lake in Honcun Village.
- Day 4 20/05 Hongchun Village/Mt. Huangshan On: Mountain top
After breakfast, drive to the World Natural and Cultural Heritage Site-Mt. Huangshan. When you arrive in Tangkou Transfer Center which is the foot of mountain. You will take Public Shuttle Bus (20 mins) and the Yungu cable car (10 mins) up the Mountain.
The craggy rock faces, hanging mists and clustered pines of Huangshan create a lovely and distinctly Chinese landscape, one instantly recognizable from countless images on silk, paper and porcelain. The mountain range, consisting of some 70 peaks over 1,000 m (3,300 ft), spills across the southern province of Anhui in an exquisite jumble of scenic highlights—twisted lone pines clinging to stony spires, seas of clouds filling rugged valleys, and crystalline mountain spring-fed pools.
You will visit Beginning to Believe Peak、Crouching Dragon Pine, Exploring Sea of Clouds Pine, Black Tiger Pine, Lianli Pine, Flower Scaterring Valley, Pentip Brush, etc. In the late afternoon, watch the sunset at the Cloud-dispelling Pavilion.
- Day 5 21/05 Mt. Huangshan On: Mountain top
Meet with your guide in the early hours to enjoy a breath-taking sunrise over Huangshan. Though dependent on the weather, this is an unforgettable experience that comes highly recommended (even if the early morning wake up call can be a little challenging, especially if you’ve been traveling a lot). After breakfast, you’ll visit the West Sea Grand Canyon using the new Xihai Cable Car.
This is a relatively new scenic area opened in 2000 that has been dubbed “Heaven on Earth” and “A Fantasy World” for its unique and beautiful scenery. Some argue that West Sea Grand Canyon is the most impressive section of Huangshan, fully embodying the mysterious and intriguing aesthetic that has made the area such a famous destination.
You’ll break for lunch and enjoy a Chinese meal while taking in the mountain views. Then, you’ll enjoy the scenery from another one of Huangshan’s marvelous viewpoints, for instance The Brightness Top , Flying over Rock ,Lotus Peak, Turtle Peak, etc. Watch the sunset at the Purple Cloud Peak.
- Day 6 22/05 Mt. Huangshan/Huangling Village On: Huangling Village
Meet with your guide in the early hours to enjoy a breath-taking sunrise over Huangshan. After breakfast, you’ll continue to visit Lion Peak, Cooling Terrace, Stone Monkey Gazing at the sea of Clouds, etc. then descend the mountain by Yungu cable car (10 mins) and Public Shuttle Bus (20 mins).
After lunch, drive to Wuyuan County (2 hours) , which is crowned to be China’s Most Beautiful Village, a sympol of Chinese many unknown but great towns or villages in rural area, and still keeps its mystery and elegance as a center of classical beauty and traditional lifestyle.
You will visit Huangling Village ( by round trip cable car ). Walking to visit the village and the terraced fields, to experience the local lifestyle, the charm of the traditional Hui Architecture and the natural beauty.
- Day 7 23/05 Huangling Village/Wuzhen On: Wuzhen
Watch the sunrise in Huangling. Then take the cable car down. Drive to Wuzhen (5 hours) Which is a famous water town in South China. With its long established and rich cultural history. You will visit West Scenic Zone of Wuzhen (XiZha) , There are various “must see” scenic spots that fully exemplify this all around the water town. With more than twenty traditional handicraft workshops large and small including a wine distillery workshop, a silk working establishment and an indigo fabric dyeing workshop, there is a broad range of interesting things to visit. Every workshop will show you its unique offerings with interesting presentations from its skilled owners and operators.
- Day 8 24/05 Wuzhen-Hangzhou City On: Hangzhou
After breakfast, drive to Hangzhou City (1.5 hours) which has enjoy a great reputation as the paradise in China. You will visit the most famous attraction in Hangzhou- West Lake. Then walking in the Su Caseway and visit the viewing fish athte flower harbor,etc. Then drive to visit the Hefang Street. After dinner, drive to the hotel.
- Day 9 25/05 Hangzhou/KUL
Today will be the free day for yourself. You can explore the city by yourself. Transfer to the airport and take the flight back to home.
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide;
- Hotel accommodation (twin share room) with daily breakfast;
- Admission fees as listed in the itinerary;
- Transportation between airport, hotel scenery spot etc.
- Travel accident insurance.
- International and domestic airline tickets and it’s tax;
- Meals; such as lunch and dinner;
- Any personal expenses;
- Tips to guide & driver.
Huangshan Tour Tips:
- The temperature on the mountain will be 7℃ lower than that in the city, so dress Yourself properly to keepwarm.
- Mountain hiking will be on a granite-paved staircase, so do wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- Remember to be careful on the stairs. Don’t take pictures while hiking as it can be dangerous.
- In case of rain, raincoats are better than umbrellas because it is safer while climbing.
- There is a porter service provided on the mountain. For those who are not able to hike, you can choose a chair ride which will cost you between RMB 900-1000 (round-trip) from the Yungu Cableway to Xihai Hotel. Please let us know in advance if you need this service.
- Please bring your tooth brush and tooth paste, as the hotel on the mountain does not provide.
- Please take a small bag or backpack for your overnight stay on the mountain. Your guide will assist you to store big suitcase in your hotel in Tunxi for free. You can collect it on your way back. You can also store the luggage at the foot of the mountains. The cost is about CNY10 for each piece.